[column width=”1/1″ last=”true” title=”” title_type=”single” animation=”none” implicit=”true”]
IRF Distinguishes Fellowship Alumni Dr. Sung-Hwan Kim
IRF Fellow Dr. Sung-Hwan Kim of Korea (Class of 1986) is the 2021 recipient of the Dr. Mino Award of Excellence.
The IRF Dr. Mino Award of Excellence was established in 2002 in honor of Dr. Sadamu Mino, an IRF Fellow from Japan who attended The Ohio State University as an IRF Fellow (Class of 1954). Dr. Mino’s accomplishments were many, including Chairman Emeritus of Sumitomo Construction Co Ltd, but his most lasting contribution to the road development industry was his relentless efforts to promote technology transfer to those who needed it most.
The Dr. Mino Award, bestowed every four years, is the most prestigious award for IRF Fellows and was developed to recognize and honor outstanding graduates of the IRF Fellowship Program. Specifically, the Mino Award recognizes IRF Fellow who leveraged their educational experience to make outstanding achievements in roadway development and planning around the world.
More than 1,500 individuals have received IRF Fellowships since the first fellowships were awarded in 1949. “The contributions of the IRF Fellows, who have come from 118 countries over the past 73 years, are incredible”, stated IRF chairman His Excellency Abdullah Al-Mogbel.
Winners of the Dr. Mino Award:
• 2021 Dr. Sung-Hwan Kim, Korea, Ohio State University (Class of 1986)
• 2017, Nesto Roa, Colombia, Virginia Tech (Class of 1989)
• 2013 Oscar De Buen Richkarday, Mexico, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Class of 1979)
• 2010 Moriyasu Furuki, Japan, Purdue University (Class of 1973)
• 2005 Mario Leiderman, Argentina, Ohio State University (Class of 1961)
Nominations for the Dr. Mino Award are open to any IRF Fellow. Fellows may be nominated by an individual, government agency, private organization, or through self-nomination.
Nominations will be judged based on:
- Consistent track record of significant contributions to the road industry;
- Personal integrity;
- Leadership and inspiration provided to others in the road industry;
- The respect of professional peers;
- General acknowledgement as having reached a pinnacle of his or her profession;
- In addition to the completed application, a minimum of three letters of recommendation will be required.
[column width=”1/1″ last=”true” title=”More Information” title_type=”single” animation=”none” implicit=”true”]
[contact_info name=”Aubrey Perry” color=”accent2″ phone=”+1 703 535 1001″ cellphone=”” email=”aperry@IRF.global” address=”International Road Federation
500 Montgomery St, Fifth Floor
Alexandria, VA 22314