Safer Roads By Design™: Building Engineering Capacity
May 10, 2015 - May 12, 2015| $960 – $2500
[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_tabs][vc_tab title=”About” tab_id=”1368550471-1-33″][vc_column_text]
Safer Roads By Design™:
Building Engineering Capacity
The International Road Federation’s Safer Roads by Design™ certified training course provides attendees with practical information that can be used immediately to improve safety conditions in medians, gores, roadsides and work zones for all road users in the region.
Experienced lecturers will introduce attendees to best practices and state of the art technologies to help them understand what countermeasures can be used today to improve road safety in the region. The attendees will also learn about Road Safety Audits and they will understand how this valuable tool can and should be used today in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and other regional countries.
The goal of the IRF Safer Roads by Design™ Training Program is to provide attendees with the information and knowledge that they need to meet the challenge of the Decade of Action to reduce fatalities significantly on the roads in the region.
- Apply the Clear Zone Concept
- Compare alternate safety treatments and select a cost effective design
- Recognize unsafe roadside design features and make appropriate changes
- Identify the need for a traffic barrier
- Learn the key elements of designing a safe work zone
- Understand the basics of work zone traffic control.
- Recognize when to use positive protection devices and appropriate applications
- Identify the road safety audit steps and explain how they make roads safer
- Perform a simple road safety audit as a member of a team
- Describe the steps in the road safety audit process
- Express the road safety audit terminology
- Identify time, cost, and liability issues of RSAs.
For more information contact: Magid Elabyad Email: melabyad@IRF.global Phone: +1 703 535 1001[/vc_column_text][/vc_tab][vc_tab title=”Program” tab_id=”1400683253364-4-9″][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/3″][vc_single_image image=”10643″ border_color=”grey” img_link_target=”_blank” link=”http://www.IRF.global/wp-content/uploads/2015-SRD-KSA-WEB.pdf” img_link_large=””][vc_column_text]
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]For registration and/or sponsorship questions, please contact:
Vice President, International Programs & Member Services
Tel: +1 703 535 1001
Fax: +1 703 535 1007
Email: melabyad@IRF.global[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_tab][vc_tab title=”Sponsor” tab_id=”1428328680882-3-10″][vc_column_text][table id=28 /][/vc_column_text][/vc_tab][vc_tab title=”Hotel” tab_id=”1368550471-2-17″][vc_column_text]
Riyadh Palace Hotel
Visit the hotel web site (http://www.riyadhpalacehotel.com/) for more information[/vc_column_text][/vc_tab][/vc_tabs][vc_column_text]
Can’t see the form below, view it on a separate page
[wufoo username=”irf” formhash=”z1n3ntnf00sg4gw” autoresize=”true” height=”1700″ header=”show” ssl=”true”][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]